Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Do you REALLY want to know?


About 8:30 pm: "Can we read a Bible story?" Me: "NOPE!" (sorry, God...Mama's exhausted!)
8:45: Tate finally goes to bed after arguing back and forth that he should get to sleep in my bed because Dad's gone. Selah fussing.
9:00 Selah fed and asleep.
12:00 am: Tate awake because he wet his pull-up. He's very sad and keeps saying "I sorry, Mom, I sorry". Again puts up a fight about sleeping in my bed. Remembers that bad dreams sometimes let him sleep in my bed...pulls out "I had a NIGHTMARE, Mom". Sure kid. Finally get him back to sleep, in a new pull-up, in his own bed. PHEW.
2:30 am: Wake up to Charlie standing at my bedside (I have no idea how long he was standing there)...get this...fully dressed for his Valentine's party...dress shirt, tie and hair slicked back. "Charlie, it is 2:30 in the morning, go back to bed!!" Chars: "Mom, are you sure your clock is right? I just woke up and wanted to get dressed." Me: "YES MY CLOCK IS RIGHT! Go back to bed." I fell back asleep (assuming I actually woke up in the first place to have this conversation). Heard Charlie's squeaky bed so I am guessing he got back in bed too...don't know if he got undressed or if he slept in his Valentine's clothes. Oh well..
4 am: Selah wakes up to eat. Get a bottle ready, sit in the rocking chair to feed her. She took about 3 ounces and then started coughing (poor thing is still getting over a little cold). Well, the cough got the best of her and she spit up her ENTIRE bottle, right down my shirt. When she started coughing, I had lifted her up so her head was on my chest and that just made the whole spit-up fiasco go straight down my shirt, drenching me, my jammie pants, everything. Selah felt lots better, I'm guessing but I had to change before going back to bed. Selah slept for about 20 minutes and then realized that she was still hungry...after all her whole bottle had just come back up!
5 am: Fed Selah for the second time. Oh my goodness...
6 am: Max is up and ready for a fun day at school! "Morning, Mom, did you sleep good?"

So...do you REALLY want to know?

Just for the record, it's not always like this, I promise...but this is a glimpse into life as I know it occasionally. Just be careful when you ask how it's going. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy does that sound familiar! Sleep is hard to come by in our house too.
    I really do want to know how it's going, it makes me feel better to know that I'm not alone!
    I hope you get some sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smiles! And wishes we lived closer so I could make you dinner one night - and tell Tate he can sleep in my bed, if he can find room between Ella and Lydia :)

    ReplyDelete