Friday, November 5, 2010

A little perspective


Not specifically but you get my point. We were at a cushy doctor's office--an urgent care place, where you walk in, ask for an appointment and are seen hopefully within the hour. Well, Tate hadn't been sleeping well for the past few nights, had a low grade fever and just overall wasn't himself. So I sat in the waiting room, Tate played with a cool bead toy, read some books, we watched "The Price is Right" on the huge flat screen TV in the waiting room. 3 patients later, they finally called us back to a room. After that, Tate started to get a little fussy. I mean, we'd been there for like an hour. This was supposed to be urgent care after all. What was going on? I had to go pick up Zoe from preschool in like 30 minutes...that doctor better be heading into our room here pretty soon. Tate finally caved and crawled up on my lap and started to close his eyes. That's when it hit me like a ton of bricks. I thought of this:






No comments:

Post a Comment