Friday, March 25, 2011

Memories

For a beautiful picture of my aunt go to www.shannonheupel.blogspot.com Isn't she lovely?

I had a great conversation with my mom last night as she was getting packed for a trip to Florida. It will be good for her to get some sunshine and rest. We got to talking--as we have so much in the past weeks--about silly Leslie things. I write them here so I won't forget. Not that I could, but still. My mom said she has been going around her house and has something in every single room that her sister gave her. Leslie LOVED to give gifts! Even if they were two weeks (or a month--can I get an amen, Missy?) late! :) Last week the kids were helping pick up our "train room" downstairs and Tate dragged out a giant, adorable teddy bear with a big red bow around its neck. Wouldn't you know, that bear was a gift from Auntie Les for his birthday last November. I even remember when it arrived and what a stir it caused because it came in such a big box and all the kids were excited to see what it was.

It never failed to amuse me that even though my birthday and my aunt's were one day apart (my Libra sister--we always strive for balance!) that we could NEVER get each other our birthday cards on time. Ever!

I started crying on the phone tonight because I just remembered that I got an extra ticket for Auntie Les for Zoe's dance recital in May. Zoe's costume came in this week and it just hit me tonight when I was talking to my mom that the next time our family gets together (to celebrate my grandpa's 90th birthday in May) that Leslie really won't be there. This whole thing still doesn't seem quite real and definitely doesn't seem right. Memories and life and trying to make sense of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment