Friday, November 4, 2011

November thankful #3

I love autumn. It is absolutely my favorite time of year. Bring on the sweaters and the Ugg boots! Yes I know, talk to me in January when I want to throw my Uggs out the window and hop a plane to Hawaii. But I am thankful for the change in seasons, the beautiful colors, and the little bite in the air. Reminders of God's power and presence through His creation are everywhere in this season. I am thankful for a warm home. I'm reminded many nights of people who don't have that luxury when one of our kids (usually Max or Zoe) prays for "the people who don't have homes to stay warm tonight". I'm also thankful for a mug of hot apple cider, the appearance of peppermint hot chocolate at McDonald's (woo hoo!), and under-a-big-fleece-blanket-snuggles with my kids while watching Toy Story with the fireplace going. Love this season! And you can bet that I will be loving that extra hour of sleep tomorrow night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment