Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Little Humility

Don't you love it when some things in life really make you realize your overall smallness and true place in the world when our heads and thoughts might be getting ahead ourselves?



Such as...

*Although I am a competent mom, I really can't handle raising these 4 kids by myself. I was alone last week as Buck was traveling and it was hard, hard, hard. Not only do I need my husband, but I also need my friends, my neighbors and my exercise buddies! Wow, that's a lot!

*I shared this on Facebook so my FB friends will be seeing this for the 2nd time, but this is Charlie's take on my singing: "Mom, you see how I'm singing to myself, with my mouth closed? Maybe you should try that." And it's true. I'm a terrible singer. But you know it's bad when your 5-year-old is critiquing you like Simon Cowell.

*When your 7-year-old says to you "Mom, you know I would really feel safer if you would put 2 hands on the steering wheel." I wasn't texting or talking on the phone or anything, I promise! But give me a break, this isn't Driver's Ed!

*It does tend to bring you down to earth a bit after you've attended a lovely birth, had the glowing new parents think the world of you (when in reality the new mama did all the hard work, and you know for a fact that you are only a vessel), and then you come home to...literally...piles and piles of laundry and a baby with a poopy diaper. Reality.Check.

I truly think God has a way of putting things in front of us that need to be seen. I also think that He puts things in front of us when we need to be built up as well. This just didn't happen to be one of those times. A little humility! Peace~

No comments:

Post a Comment