Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Triathlon That Wasn't...

To be honest I'm glad I am not writing that one of my children started the local Hy-Vee Kids' Triathlon, freaked out, and didn't finish...or worse...that they collided with one of their fellow bikers and had an accident or something. NO...the lovely Iowa weather rained out the kids' triathlon that they had been preparing for. BUMMER! But they were pumped and ready to go...and even got their medals to show for it...even though they weren't able to compete! There's always next year, and I am so, so proud of them just for being willing and excited to do it! Heaven knows their Mama never would! :) Enjoy...

Photobucket

Max is showing off the stroke he was going to use for the swim...this was Friday night before the rain started! He was super excited.

Photobucket

The little Miss was ready to cheer on her brothers. She wanted goggles too! She can't wait for next year too--when she is 5 and able to compete. Watch out, other 5-year-olds, out there, this girl will be hard to beat!

Photobucket

Chars was such a good sport about it. He was bummed about not being able to ride his bike in the race, but overall, he was just pretty darn excited to get that medal! ha!

Photobucket

"Mom, this is what I would have looked like if I would have finished the race. How do I look?" Awesome, buddy...you look awesome.

Photobucket

Quite possibly one of the sweetest recent pics I have of them. When it was just the 2 of them, there were "brother pictures" all the time...now it's all 4 of them! So cute to see them supporting each other, cheering each other on. But there's more cuteness...wait for it...wait for it...

Photobucket

UH-HUH!! See...such cuteness I can't stand it. We LOVE summer around here. Great job, training, Max and Charlie! There is always next year...they will always be my superstar medal-winners no matter whether the race was run or not. Love these guys!

6 comments:

  1. Golden Summer's Alive at the Olsen house! Love all the energy and excitement anyway!! Olympic material for sure!! Thanks for sharing these fun summertime updates!!!
    Cheers and love!
    xxx,
    S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pics are great! Hugs all the way around. Aunt Jo & Uncle Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love the pics! What good sports they are too. Meant to comment last time that I can't wait to try your recipes as well. I am craving an orange smoothie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Sad it didn't work out for them, but so awesome that they were going for it! Hope to see you at the library again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome! I would love for Bode to do it when he turns five. Maybe I'll have to get some training tips from you!

    ReplyDelete