Monday, December 20, 2010

Thankful for


Then for you loyal readers who I am also lucky enough to know in real life--and if you are lucky enough to have at some point received an e-mail from me(dripping with sarcasm here)--you will know that my e-mail account was hacked. WHAT A PAIN!!! But on the other hand, it was a little reassuring to get 50 phone calls/texts and another 50 e-mail or facebook messages from people who were concerned. :) My cell phone and the home phone were lit up like a Christmas tree! So thank you for caring, friends. We got it taken care of but man, I have had a sick feeling in my stomach all day. And just a little FYI--my e-mail account and Facebook passwords were/are different from each other, otherwise they would have hacked my Facebook account too--so if you have the same passwords for everything, I would switch them. I got a message from Facebook right away saying log-ins from the Ivory Coast, Africa were attempted and they wanted to verify that I was there. YIKES!! Anyway, I wish I was more technically savvy but so be it. I hope I got it fixed for the time being.

SOOOO....needing to change my attitude for a minute....and take a deep breath. A few small things I am thankful for:

I am so thankful for this time of year. I love singing Christmas carols during worship at church. We go to a church where it is pretty contemporary music most of the time--this is a nice change of pace!

I am thankful when we get the ornaments out every year, and when the kids decorate the tree they put all the ornaments as high as they can reach--so 75% of the ornaments are no higher than halfway up the tree.

I am so thankful for these...sweet decorations that I made with Max and Charlie when they were 3 1/2 and 18 months. Seriously among the favorite things I put out at Christmas time!



I love sitting in one of our chairs in the family room and having this as my view...





I love, love, love Christmas card time! I leave them up way longer than I should. This reminds me daily of how truly blessed we are to have such beautiful, wonderful people surrounding us. Also, can you tell the kids help put these up too? It's a little bottom-heavy. :)


So there you go...my attempt to change my attitude (the phrase "change your attitude, please" comes out of my mouth AT LEAST once a day so I am taking my own advice. :) Happy Monday, friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment