Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Good and the Bad

Life is all about taking the good with the bad. I felt like today was a pure example of that. It was a great day. Busy day but a great day. The kids at church led worship and it was awesome. Like bring tears to your eyes awesome. After church, we ran over to a fundraiser/bone marrow donor drive for my friend Brenda. It was so good to see her and see some high school friends we hadn't seen in a while. It was awesome to see over 150 NEW donors get added to the Be the Match registry! Brenda looks great, she was in great spirits and looked like the "hostess with the mostess" :). But at the same time it was sobering to realize why we were all there. She's not in remission yet. Her sister (her only sibling) isn't a match for her and a match hasn't been found on the registry yet. So we pray for a miracle!


Isn't Brenda beautiful? Aren't her children beautiful?? I wish you could see her in person and see her dimples. :)

And the other good...wow...my grandparents celebrated their 69th wedding anniversary today. Yes you read that right. Sixty-nine years! They are vibrant and strong, and more in love today than they were 69 years ago. I talked to them tonight (after we sang "Happy Anniversary to You" on speaker phone!) and even after having just lost their precious daughter, I can't tell you how many times my grandma said "We are so blessed. Our children, our grandchildren, our great-grandchildren--we are so blessed." I am so thankful to have them in my life!! They are truly an inspiration to me and to our family. I love them so much. Here they are at their "heaven on earth"--their lake home, with their Leslie side of the family last summer:



So we take the good with the bad, the happy with the sad, and you just keep going. Happy Monday friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment