Monday, April 11, 2011

The irony of names

We have said before that Zoe's name picked her more than we picked her name because her name means "life"--and that girl is more full of life than anything I've ever seen! Anyway, I was driving on Saturday and saw an advertisement for a local dentist named Dr. Tooth--seriously?! Do you think he always wanted to be a dentist or do you think it was just his destiny? But then it got me thinking about some other funny ironic names...

The cardiologist I know named, yep...Dr. Hart
My elementary school music teacher named Mr. Van Note
One of the best ones ever...our neighbors in our first house growing up were The Nabers!
A funny one that doesn't fit at all...the OB that delivered me is Dr. Bone...I think he missed his calling in ortho!

Anyone else know any great ironic names? Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. This cracked me up! I don't know why I found it so funny...thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura:

    Many, many years ago (40?) when motoring to Iowa City from the Quad-Cities to watch the Hawkeyes play fb just outside Iowa City on Highway 6 there was a farm owned by an Iowa City dentist named Dr. Tooth. And the name of his estate, proudly displayed on a sign by the driveway, "Tooth Acres"

    dick maynard

    ReplyDelete