Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's that time of year!

So it was a gorgeous spring day today. Right around 60 degrees, sunny, a nice cool breeze. Wouldn't you know, I--the mostly stay-at-home-mom--spent the whole stinkin' day inside at a continuing education conference?? Seriously. The best part of my day was having a fun lunch with my former business partner. She's a hoot. :) Anyway, about 2:00, I get a text from Buck: "I want to go to the Lake." Seriously, I think he's more related to my family than I am. It gets a little bit warm out and a little bit sunny and he wants to hop in the car and head north. Forget the fact that it is probably 30 degrees colder 7 hours north of here. It's so funny--that is EXACTLY what my grandparents are like. They live their whole winter waiting to get to the Lake. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE it there. It's just a lot of work to get us there. Trust me. Before we get to the Lake, we have to get through baseball season!! And of the children who are actually playing baseball this year, guess who is practicing? This guy:

You got it. Tate is a machine with a little bat. And when batting doesn't work, a bat always works nicely as a golf club. Max is a great ball-chaser.

I just had to throw this picture in for my husband. Buck if you're reading this, there is no way I am cutting these curls. Just FYI.


OK, maybe I could be talked into heading to the Lake now. Happy day, friends.

1 comment: