Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Still catching up!

Mother's Day weekend was a busy one around here...can't believe I am just NOW getting around to documenting it! Thanks to my lovely and talented friend Amber, I have photographic proof of the weekend--which I wouldn't have otherwise! Thank you, Amber!! Not only was it the same weekend as Charlie's fun field trip (on Friday) but my whole family was in town to celebrate my Granddaddy's 90th birthday. It was a more somber celebration than we would have liked and there was an empty chair at our dinner table--all of us missing Leslie terribly--but it was a celebration of my grandpa's 90 years nonetheless. It was so good to see family, cousins, and just be together again. But before the big celebration there was a dance recital to attend...


A few stitches didn't stop this girl from smiling like a champ! She did such a great job at her recital, other than being on the end of a row and nearly arabesquing off stage at one point! :) She has great rhythm and tries so hard!! And the cuteness factor doesn't hurt either.



And here's EVERYONE! This is my grandparents' legacy. 2 daughters, 4 granddaughters, and 11 great-grandchildren. Amazing.



My favorite picture of the whole event.



Here are my grandparents with the 4 granddaughters. We are so blessed to have them in our lives!



Last shot--Mom and her daughters. One reason I love this picture is because I'm standing on a little incline and it makes Melissa and I look closer in height than we actually are. :)


Mother's Day weekend was a weekend we'll always remember--an amazing time celebrating an amazing husband, father, grandfather, and great-grandfather. Even in the midst of sadness we were able to celebrate and count our blessings--there are truly so many!! We are all thankful to have one another.





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment