Saturday, July 17, 2010

This and that...

Yet another beautiful week at the Lake...right now I should be sleeping but there is a "House" marathon on Bravo that I just can't tear myself away from. Seriously if you are not watching this show, you are missing out! But anyway, a couple of things I realized on our amazingly fast trip home.

1. The vast majority of the time, the baby gets what the baby wants just because he is the baby. Quite a loud squawk out of Tate got him just about anything he wanted from anyone just to make the squawking stop. Smart kid.

2. There is a stretch of interstate that the Minnesota Atheists have adopted that needs some attention.

3. There is a gas station right before you get to Huxley, Iowa where the women's restroom smells exactly like a Strawberry Shortcake doll. I walked in, got one whiff, and a Strawberry Shortcake doll popped into my head. The nose is seriously amazing.

4. I watched a grand total of 2 hours of TV this entire week. I watched an Oprah rerun on Wednesday afternoon, and watched a cool new medical drama "Boston Med" with my even cooler grandparents. That was more than enough of the tube for me...if I could keep getting my "House" dowloads on my iPad, I would be a happy camper without a TV.

5. I have some changes I want to make with our family, our family's schedule and lifestyle that I want to get going on before school starts...but it is rapidly approaching and I get a lump in my throat when I think about the big boys heading off to school again. What to do...

6. Living in the moment, enjoying my most favorite people, and making memories is the BEST way to spend my time right now. Lovin it!

No comments:

Post a Comment