Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My Boys


I don't know what made me think of this little story this weekend but just wanted to share it. When we found out Charlie was a BOY via ultrasound (and very clearly a boy, my husband would proudly add--ha!), I remember that little one second of "oh, shucks" feeling, just because when you already have a boy, you sort of want a girl to "even things out". But in one more second that feeling is gone, and you are overwhelmed with love for the precious little one you are getting to the honor and privilege to parent! The other thing I remember feeling was absolutely overjoyed for Max...that he would have a little brother so close in age and in my mind's eye I could envision all the fun things that they would do together. One thing in particular that stood out was that I very clearly saw these two boys riding bikes together, one bigger, one smaller, pedaling hard, the little guy trying to keep up, the older one taking it a little easy so he didn't beat his brother by too much. And you know what? This weekend, that vision came to life, and I was brought to tears. My sweet boys, brothers and friends. Here is a picture from a couple of weeks ago when there were still traces of snow on the ground...and still training wheels on Charlie's bike! Those training wheels are gone, and so is the snow. I will post more pictures when I get them uploaded. But this sight makes a mother's heart smile. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment