Tuesday, October 5, 2010

More Randomness..and a recipe


Caramelized French Toast Recipe

Although it certainly did not look this pretty. No whipped cream or chocolate drizzle, but man was it yummy. Zoe was practically licking her plate--those of you who know her know that has been known to happen at our dinner table. :) My kids LOVE breakfast and I don't do breakfast for dinner nearly enough. Breakfast for lunch? Another quick and tasty option--that I know my kids will eat!

Here's how to do it:
Caramelized French Toast

4 Tbsp. butter/margarine
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
8 slices thick bread (I just use our whole wheat sandwich bread)

For sauce:
2 more Tbsp. butter/margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup water

Beat eggs and milk together in a bowl. Stir in cinnamon. Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in a pan or skillet over medium heat. Dip bread 1 slice at a time into egg mixture and fry until light brown and egg is cooked on both sides. Melt 2 more Tbsp. butter as needed to keep frying all the bread (I used butter-flavor cooking spray as well to keep the pan from sticking if you don't want to use all the butter). After all the bread has been cooked, melt 2 Tbsp. butter for the sauce in the same pan. Add brown sugar and water and stir to mix. Let simmer for 2 minutes until slightly thickened. Take cooked bread and dip it back in the sauce, coating on both sides. Serve with sprinkled powder sugar on top. The sauce is like a homemade syrup and the powdered sugar makes a sweet, slightly crunchy glaze. Yum!

And finally, my latest bargain find and possibly my new favorite pair of shoes:
I am not kidding you they were $6 on clearance at Target. I LOVE that place. And I just noticed my flip-flop tan line on my feet is fading...bummer. Have a great day,

No comments:

Post a Comment