Saturday, October 16, 2010

A quiet week

It has been a surprisingly quiet week for our usually busy family! We got nailed with some sickness and that is enough to make this Mama want to hide my head under the covers and quarantine my kids and never send them back to school again--if this is what the changing of the seasons brings! We are hopefully on the mend, thanks to some lovely antibiotics (and yes, I do hold out as long as I can possibly stand it, and I know some people probably think I'm crazy but I do try to wait things out--even as a health care provider I am not a huge fan of overmedicating AT ALL!). So poor Tate had been sick for about a week before the sleepless nights nearly did me in. And then unfortunately he wound up getting triple-teamed by a respiratory infection, double ear infection and pink eye. :( So poor kid was getting an oral antibiotic, ear drops and eye drops. So much for no medication--sometimes the longer you wait to treat, the worse it gets. Bad mommy! And I think Max brought home strep throat from his germ-infested classroom and gave it to Chars. I am pretty sure Max has never had strep in his life but may be a carrier to pass it around to his siblings. Poor Chars wound up with a very sore throat and then he got laryngitis on top of it. It was funny in a pathetic kind of way to hear him attempt to talk. Never thought I would pray for my child's voice to come back--you would think I would enjoy the quiet--but turns out I would take healthy and loud over sick and quiet ANY day!

We are thankful to have our good health return. We got to watch many movies--"High School Musical 3" and the new "Karate Kid" were favorites. :) And just this morning we all went and watched Max QB for his flag football team--he was 2 for 2 in pass plays! SWEET! We are very, very excited to go cheer Daddy on as he runs in the DM half marathon tomorrow morning and we are especially grateful for the absolutely gorgeous weather that will make it even more fun. We have gone to this race before decked out in our winter coats and mittens! And last but not least, Buck worked super hard yesterday on the boys' "new" bedroom and I may have some before and after pictures to show by the end of the weekend??!!! We shall see how inspired I get...but the boys are getting pretty excited and want to know when they get to sleep in their new bedroom. Fun! I hope all is well in your worlds, and am humbled and grateful for all the many blessings in mine. Much love to you all,

1 comment:

  1. sore throat is not a lot of fun its just uncomfortable and difficult to swallow.

    usually, i would take the Nim Jiom Cough Syrup (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) which has a thick consistency formulation. it coats the throat and includes herbs that are particularly good for that application.

    i hope it works on you as well.

    ReplyDelete