Monday, October 4, 2010

A Random Monday







I do believe that Max is going to be an evangelist (again, in a good way!). Last week at Awana, the story/message for the kids was talking to others about Jesus. One of the leaders told a great story sharing about Jesus with her non-Christian classmates in nursing school. She told the kids that they should talk about our God with all of our friends, so that our friends can know Jesus too. Well, wouldn't you know, the very next day, Max got on the bus for school and started talking to his good friend M, who is also our neighbor and whose family is Muslim. From all that Max shared with me and Buck, it sounds like the 2 of them had a really in-depth conversation about Jesus and about Islam. Wow!! I probably haven't done that ever in my life, and here my 8-year-old does it the very next day. Mrs. Peterson at Awana also stressed the importance of respecting our friends' beliefs while still sharing the truth of God's love...and Max did it perfectly. Taught me a little lesson as well--I shouldn't hate the school bus so much. God's work can be done ANYWHERE.

Happy 1st anniversary to our dear friends Tim and Melissa!! Love you guys!!

So there you go...a very random Monday. I have told you more than you could ever possibly want to know about my little corner of the world. I hope you have a beautiful week--we are living it up in the sunshine for as long as we possibly can. Love to you all,

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet and amazing child you have! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete