1. That a salad, a diet Coke, and a hot fudge sundae are considered a balanced meal.
2. The vast amount of multi-tasking that can happen in our heads. My current running mental list includes: getting our family portrait framed, helping Max write and send his birthday thank-you's, taking the kids' physical forms up to school, remembering that Charlie has PE on Tuesdays and Fridays and Max has PE on Wednesdays and Fridays (meaning they have to wear tennis shoes instead of their flip-flops), calling the guy AGAIN about Charlie's tae kwon do class, calling about the kids' piano lessons...and this doesn't even include anything that is actually written on the master calendar! Yep, our minds have amazing mommy-multi-tasking capabilities!
3. The absolute miracle that is called Target---where else can a mom get a box of diapers, a new lamp, school supplies, a cute new shirt, and groceries all the while having 3/4 of your children
4. That putting our kids on the school bus is like putting the most tender, vulnerable piece of our own heart on the school bus. And that it almost takes every ounce of our being to not follow that bus every single day.
5. That helping clean the kitchen, fold the laundry or bathe the kids are absolutely among the most romantic things that can be done (although Buck now knows this because I told him! :) )
School is off to a great start around here...hope and pray all is well in your worlds!!